As a way to both be more aware of what we’re putting in our bodies and be more conscientious of our budget, this week we made several meal items on Sunday to last us the week. It worked beautifully.
We decided to make:
- Roasted chicken
- Chicken stock (makes 3 jars)
- Black beans (2 quarts)
- Enchilada Sauce (makes 3 jars)
- Cheese crackers (makes 2 dozen)
Several of the recipes we used are from a new cookbook I received for my birthday (thanks Sis), Gluten Free on a Shoestring by Nicole Hunn. Simple, easy, and delicious.
These scratch-made items helped prep for our weekly menu (all gluten-free):
- Chicken enchiladas with black beans & corn
- Chicken with prosciutto wrapped asparagus
- Pork tenderloin with black beans
- Pasta with marinara & chicken
- Meatloaf with roasted carrots
Overall I was really satisfied with how quick and easy everything prepped and how it came together throughout the week. With a little preparation we were able to eat healthier and not eat out. Both big wins.
Here’s crossing our fingers we can pull it off again this week.